Getting to Milele takes one hour from Zanzibar Airport and the road is tarmac for the majority of the journey. We can provide transport to and from the airport – each car can take up to 6 people. If it is your first trip to Zanzibar you might be surprised to find donkeys, cows and chickens crossing the road as well as people hanging from the local taxis called “Dallah Dallahs” – the journey is an experience in it’s own right!
If you wish to fly to Zanzibar directly there are the following options:
Flights to Zanzibar
- 1Time offers cheap flights from Johannesburg
- KLM flies daily, from many parts of the world
- Condor (from Germany with connection flights to West Europe)
- South African Airways (from Johannesburg)
- During high season (July, August, December) there are charter flights from Italy and Spain
Connections to Dar Es Salaam
- Either with connection flights (20 min flight, from $60 per person).
- Or by ferry boat (2-3 hours, at $35 per person). The last ferry to Zanzibar leaves Dar Es Salaam at 15:45 hrs.